The privacy of users of sarahmarkham.co.uk is taken very seriously. This privacy statement provides information about personal information relating to those websites, and the ways in which that information is used.
Personal Information Collection
Sarah Markham websites collect the following information:
- Names, email addresses and telephone numbers you provide via contact forms. That information will only be used to facilitate discussion relating to enquiries initiated by yourself with regard to teaching, workshops, performances or other educational pursuits.
- Your supplied name and email address will be used if you are part of an online project hosted at teaching.sarahmarkham.co.uk. This enables you to have login details to access the projects and downloadable content.
- Note: musical compositions and arrangements purchased through the website use PayPal payments through the Ecwid online store platform. Personal details and information relating to purchases are handled by those platforms: no data is collected or retained by sarahmarkham.co.uk.
- The software system used to manage user logins and access to secure areas of the website (project/teaching areas) collects IP numbers during the login process to facilitate security measures, such as detecting multiple simultaneous logins from the same user account.
Legal Basis for Collection of Information
sarahmarkham.co.uk asserts the following legal grounds for collection of data:
- Explicit Consent: When you sign up for musical projects, teaching, or use a website form to initiate contact, you provide explicit consent for sarahmarkham.co.uk to collect the above described personal information.
- Legitimate Interests: Finally sarahmarkham.co.uk may have additional legitimate interests for the collection of the above listed personal information.
sarahmarkham.co.uk uses the following services:
- PayPal - Payment processor
- Ecwid - ecommerce online store
- Google Analytics - for website analytics
Using personal information
sarahmarkham.co.uk may use your personal information to:
- administer this website and/or content.
- personalize the website for you by displaying or changing the appearance of the website if you log in to supply relevant educational materials.
- enable your access to and use of the website, content, and other services.
- send to you the account-related emails such as login information or educational/project related information.
sarahmarkham.co.uk does not share personal information with any third parties. sarahmarkham.co.uk may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
Securing your data
sarahmarkham.co.uk will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. All the personal information you provide is stored on secure hosting servers.
Cross-border data transfers
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, we do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to register with the website or content without parental or guardian's approval. In most cases communication relating to musical projects/teaching will be conducted through a parental email address or educational institution email address, unless there is a specific request by the parent or guardian to use the child's email address for technical reasons. In such cases it is normal practise to copy all communication to the parent/guardian email address.
sarahmarkham.co.uk seeks to fully comply with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Pursuant to this regulation. Consequently, you have the following rights on this website:
- Right to be forgotten: you may remove your details at any time. If you wish your data and login details to be permanently deleted you may contact us at info.sarahmarkham.co.uk and it will be deleted within 72 hours.
- Right to access and rectification: you can contact us at email@example.com at any time to access copies of all user data we retain for you. We will remove, update, or change any personal information about you from our servers upon your request.
Cookies and similar technologies
Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies this could affect certain features or services of our websites, such as the ability for your browser to remember your login details.
Updating this statement
The website and content contains links to other websites. sarahmarkham.co.uk is not responsible for the contents of those third party websites or responsible for the privacy policies or practises of any third party.